New Programming from Rhett & Link, Epic Meal Time, Improv Everywhere, Roman Atwood and Shay Mitchell
New Partnership with Insomniac and Electric Daisy Carnival Connects Brands to Global Electronic Dance Music Community
At the fourth annual Digital Content NewFronts, Collective Digital Studio (CDS), a multi-platform digital entertainment company, today announced a new ad solution, CDS Connect; a slate of premium lifestyle series; and a partnership with Insomniac, creators of the Electric Daisy Carnival, the largest multi-day music festival in North America with over 140,000 attendees across three nights. CDS’ lineup of new original programs are primed for brand integration and star many of YouTube’s biggest creators including Rhett & Link, Epic Meal Time, Improv Everywhere, and pranksters Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, Roman Atwood, FouseyTube, Dennis Roady and others as well as Shay Mitchell, star of hit TV series Pretty Little Liars.
CDS is launching CDS Connect, which will extend the reach of advertisers’ online content campaigns. The new solution marries custom ad units starring top influencers with the re-targeting capabilities of AdWords. It provides deeper engagement by allowing brands to re-connect with consumers who have already viewed their content. CDS Connect will allow brands to re-target fans of specific YouTube influencers through Google’s TrueView Ad Product. CDS has found that influencer-created brand units married with TrueView have proven to be more effective and efficient resulting in higher view-through rates and lower cost per view. Advertisers can count their spend with CDS Connect towards their revenue targets with Google. The solution is being launched across CDS influencer channels in gaming, comedy, beauty and music, which will allow advertisers to build massive reach for their brands.
CDS’ new partnership with Insomniac Events will connect brands to Electronic Dance Music (EDM), the fastest growing music genre in the world, which is thriving online with a fan base of forward-thinking, music-minded millennials. CDS will work with Insomniac to create brand friendly content featuring top digital influencers that will live on Insomniac sites and across its festivals, including Electric Daisy Carnival, concerts and club nights, which attracted more than 1 million fans last year. In addition, CDS can connect advertisers to the largest network of EDM channels, all part of its MCN, including UKF, All Trap Music, The Sound You Need, Steve Aoki's Dim Mak Records and No Copyright Sounds to activate this passionate global community.
“At Collective Digital Studio, content is everything, and we have proven that premium content drives results and that our creators deliver eyeballs for brands,” said Reza Izad, CEO of Collective Digital Studio. “Our network has over 1.5 billion views per month, and 70% of our viewers are ages 18-34. With this slate, we’re offering brands the opportunity to engage with this highly coveted audience by being a part of hit series from YouTube’s top creators and the EDM community, and with CDS Connect, we’re making it even easier to re-target engaged consumers by creating custom content that will exponentially extend a campaign’s reach.”
CDS completed over 400 branded content campaigns in 2014, many among the most successful brand integrations of the year. Leveraging the power of strong creative with influencer-based distribution, CDS’ top 50 YouTube campaigns garnered more than 400 million views and the top 15 Vine campaigns drove 158 million loops.
This year’s new slate of programming includes:
· ReThink: Why do we wear a flat hat and awkward gown when we graduate? Why do we encourage children to assault a hollow, paper mâché animal at birthday parties? Why do we hunt for pastel-decorated eggs every Easter? Who makes these rules? Rhett & Link believe it’s time to ReThink the arbitrary stuff that has been taken for granted for too long. In every installment of this Good Mythical Morning segment, the two go head-to-head in reimagining a social convention, tired tradition, or played out product by offering a completely new, and always ridiculous approach.
· Epic Tool Time: Harley Morenstein and the dudes of Epic Meal Time are ready to bring more epic-ness to their 6.7 million subscribers. The guys are putting away the oven mitts and grabbing power drills to create extreme gadgets that men only dream about in their new series Epic Tool Time. If there’s a device to be developed that will make men’s lives easier, Epic Tool Time will invent it.
· Fake Company Incorporated: With more than 382 million views, Charlie Todd and the Improv Everywhere team will bring new scenes of chaos and joy to an office environment in this new digital series. A fake office will serve as a hidden camera playground where the team will surprise unsuspecting workers with the weirdest, most fun day on the job they’ve ever had.
· Prank Week: Get ready for the most outrageous pranks of the year when CDS presents Prank Week this November. Prank Week brings together YouTube’s biggest mischief makers Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, Roman Atwood, Dennis Roady FouseyTube, Whatever, Matt Espinosa, Rudy Mancuso, Logan Paul and Ownage Pranks, who combined have more than 42 million subscribers, for five full days of prank programming that will bring in more than 5 million viewers daily and 180 million total views.
· Shaycation: Pretty Little Liars star Shay Mitchell has built a social media empire across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and now she has one of the fastest growing lifestyle channels on YouTube. In Shaycation, Mitchell makes the perfect travel companion, guiding audiences on explorations to some of the world’s most exotic locations including Belize and the South of France.
· Science of Fashion: This new original series from the creator of Wendy’s Lookbook explores the intersection of science and fashion. From the anatomy of the dress to the history of the heels, Wendy and crew will take audiences on a fact-finding, fun-filled journey.
CDS is also working on previously announced Maximum Ride, based on best-selling author James Patterson’s massively popular Young Adult fantasy franchise that has sold more than 13 million copies. The digital series will be executive produced by top YouTube star Jenna Marbles, marking the first time she has been involved in a project that does not feature her on camera. Marbles currently ranks as the top female YouTube star based on her nearly 15 million subscribers and over 1.7 billion views.
About Collective Digital Studio
Collective Digital Studio (CDS) is a multi-platform digital entertainment company that develops, produces and distributes original entertainment programming. It manages one of the leading YouTube multichannel networks with over 1,000 channels delivering more than 1.5 billion views a month. Founded in 2011, CDS is distinguished for its ability to produce, distribute and market intellectual property across digital and traditional platforms, having pioneered the distribution of premium digital content to television. The company is best known for producing hit web series Video Game High School as well as TV shows for Epic Meal Time and FЯED. CDS boasts an unparalleled track record for delivering highly successful branded content initiatives for Fortune 200 brands, including Verizon, Dodge, Estee Lauder, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Toyota, Sony PlayStation, and many more. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CDS also has offices in New York, Detroit, San Francisco and Toronto.