Discovery Digital Networks today announces the launch of SEEKER, a new online network featuring adventurers, explorers and storytellers on journeys – both physical and emotional – that celebrate the world around us. The latest addition to the web-native portfolio from Discovery Communications, SEEKER launches with a robust slate of programming – including a dozen original web series and engaging affiliates, and Michelob Ultra as its first sponsor.
Adventure requires curiosity, and a seeker requires adventure. Discovery Digital Networks’ SEEKER delivers experiences paired with reflection – from those who have journeyed “off the grid” in pursuit of a more fulfilling life to individuals from all walks of life revealing their personal, profound rituals. Laura Ling, a leading voice and innovator, produces and hosts several SEEKER series, including Going Off Grid and Rituals, and will be joined by an incredible roster of storytellers and characters.
“At Discovery Digital Networks, we believe that awe, inspiration and the insatiable curiosity of the social generation is rich with great programming,” said Colin Decker, General Manager of Discovery Digital Networks. “From extreme adventure travel to powerful journeys of the heart, SEEKER encourages us all to chase wonder.”
- Abandonment Issues: This weekly series hosted by Trace Dominguez (DNews), gives viewers inside access to abandoned buildings to reveal forgotten histories. Trace takes viewers to locations from a run-down brick building that was once the heart of California's train industry to a forgotten farmhouse that witnessed the tragedy of Japanese Internment.
- All Points Project: Working with embedded video journalists around the globe through Storyhunter, All Points Project shows exciting and uplifting stories from the far corners of the world.
- Breaking Trail: In Breaking Trail, adventurer and animal enthusiast Coyote Peterson explores America’s backyard and the awesome creatures that inhabit, including the most beloved, bizarre and misunderstood.
- City Vérité: This SEEKER series illuminates the life and beauty of a city by capturing a series of breathtaking, intimate and eye-catching moments from a single day. It shows the amazing yet ordinary elements and sights from Des Moines, Iowa to Paris, France.
- Donnie Vincent: A conservationist, an animal lover and a world traveler, Donnie Vincent offers a unique perspective on the world of hunting. Follow the journey of this extreme outdoorsman to experience the wonder of nature, the excitement of travel and the thrill of the pursuit.
- Global Degree: Mike and Alex set out on a five-year voyage to travel every country in the world and ultimately return with their Global Degree.
- Going Off Grid: Produced and hosted by Laura Ling, Going Off Grid highlights the beautiful, strange and brave people living disconnected from our modern world and “off the grid.”
- Kyle Thiermann: Pro-surfer Kyle Thiermann shares his passion for waves and preserving the oceans that are his playground.
- Rituals with Laura Ling: Inspired by Ling’s own experiences as a North Korean prisoner, Rituals takes viewers on a journey through the psyche and habits of extraordinary individuals to find out how they survive, thrive and gain focus while under pressure.
- Seeker Daily: The latest daily series from Discovery Digital Networks, Seeker Daily focuses on the personal side of social, world and domestic issues with hosts Evan Puschak and Lisette Padilla.
- Sixpenny Globe: Fresh out of college and bored to death, best friends Kelsey Ogden and Kristen Refermat swap their savings for round-the-world plane tickets and set off to see the world with their pocket change.
- This Happened Here: This daily storytelling series reveals the stories behind the web’s most arresting imagery, sharing the profound experiences of photographers and world travelers that deserve the spotlight.
- Travel Basecamp: In this series, follow a group of friends who use popular Latin American destinations and tourist hot spots as basecamps for their truly unique adventures often unseen by the typical traveler.
- Trucker Josh: Follow Trucker Josh and his four-legged best friend and travel companion, Diesel, as they traverse North America via big rig, providing a fresh approach to vlogging.
- What I Learned: Join host Jason Tongen for this fast-paced travel show featuring his unique observations and unconventional perspective on communities around the world.
SEEKER’s lineup is available at SeekerNetwork.com, as well as on YouTube and through dedicated apps for iOS and Android users.